Friday, 11 July 2008

A Little Bit of Creativity

Saw this scissor holder that a friend had made. Liked the style of it so she told me the size fabric to use and then challenged me to figure it out! Think I managed it ok.


I used a piece of fabric I had space dyed in pinks, red and orange and a green piece of fabric for the inside. I printed a flower motif onto the pink piece using green acrylic paint mixed with a fabric medium. I then free machine stitched round the flowers.


Having done that I then stitched it right sides together (with some wadding behind the pink piece as I wanted to quilt it), turned it the right way out, top stitched all round the edge and then free machine quilted round the flowers.


Lastly the pockets were folded and stitched into place. Very simple but very effective.

3 comments:

maggiepatch said...

Clever clogs! lol It is lovely.

dot said...

Hope you made 2!!!! Looks great x

Homeleightigger said...

She's got no finesse that friend of yours, has she!! It's brilliant Mandi, and soooooo useful! Val