Tuesday 5 August 2008

A Book For My Sister


A little while ago, well quite some time ago actually, my sister asked me to make a cover for her journal. She wanted a moonlight scene with a stone circle and hares. So after much mulling over fabrics, designs and general faffing around I set to in February and this is the result! It is heavily layered and very textural.



This is the front cover of the book with a full moon lighting up a stone circle
and a moon gazing hare. Texture on the stone was created with a
heat expanding medium.




This is the back cover with free machined skeleton tree lit up by the moonlight.



This is the book opened out. Jacquie wanted a spiral and a dragon but didn't know what to else to put in there so I chose a Celtic knot as it represents our Irish heritage and
it is intertwined just as we are.




The Dragon! Friendly but fiery in colour.

SHE LOVED IT!!
PHEW!!

2 comments:

dot said...

So glad i saw it in the flesh cos it's lovely!

Val said...

I can imagine just how much she loved it Mandi - it is absolutely beautiful! Val