Monday 18 August 2008

TRIPTYCH PT 3

I've added a few more shapes to my canvas boards now and a little bit of black and white tissue. Have decided not to add any more as I am quite pleased with the textures and shapes I have created.


I have given the three boards an initial dry brush coating of cream acrylic paint, then another dry brush coating of the same colour emulsion paint as is on the walls.


Finally I have again, very lightly dry brushed over the raised edges with a slightly stronger tone of colour to match and add a bit more depth an highlights to some areas. I like the fact that you can still see some of the colour showing through from the papers etc that I have used to add texture to the boards.

These are my pieces of fabric ready to be cut up into their shapes and edged. Embellishments still need to be added before they are attached to the boards.

3 comments:

dot said...

...my you did get stitching on Sunday! I know they'll look stunning when complete.

Val said...

Mandi they look amazing! I clicked on the pix and got a closeup look - just wonderful!

Alexander said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.