Monday 20 April 2009

Beside the Sea!

I have just come back from a wonderful week in Cornwall. The sun shone for virtually the whole week, my face is sun burnt & wind burnt and my legs are sore from all the walking we did! It was so lovely to sit by the sea and listen to the sounds of the waves.

This morning, I just had to have a play in my sketch book to remind my of my week. So using things I had scavenged from the beach I created my own piece of the seaside.

The page was first coated in a layer of decorators caulk then the shells, seaweed, pebbles & glass were added. Before it had the chance to start drying sand was sprinkled over the top. Once dried it was washed with blue and green inks


My very own little bit of Cornwall!

3 comments:

Val said...

Wow Mandi - it's just wonderful! I reckon you've over simplified how you did that ..... I clicked on the pic to get a closer look - looks amazing!
BTW thanks for dropping by and leaving such a lovely comment for me.

Patti Edmon Artist said...

what a beautiful page! the story about the natural dying is hysterical btw, thanks for sharing!

dot said...

Looks really great,so glad you had such an inspirational time, have to have a BIG show and tell very soon!!