Wednesday 28 November 2018

Hiatus and Lost Mojo

Well, it has been a long two years since the last post!
The arrival of our two teenage nieces coming to live with us and surgery 
on my hand as meant there has been no time  or ability for creativity.

Now with the household running smoothly and the hand back to 
full mobility I can once again venture into the long neglected studio
to reacquaint myself with my mojo!

I have been experimenting with rust dyeing and eco dyeing of late and
have been using the unique fabrics produced for my latest series of works.

'ROCKS & FOSSILS'

We are fortunate to live not too far from the Jurassic Coast and have 
over the years spent many days picking amongst the
fallen rocks for fossils, not always successfully! 
It is these fossils that have been my inspiration for these works.



 A small section of the Ammonites piece.





A small section of the fish skeleton piece.

I have used a lot of free machining and hand stitching within
these pieces as well as some mixed media.

These works, along with others can be see in my Studio during
West Berks Open Studios 2019.
More details to follow.

No comments: