Monday 21 December 2015

Hexies Hexies Everywhere

For the last 18 months I have been
going Hexie mad!

After having a huge sort out of fabric I ended up 
with a pile that consisted mostly of pieces
of fabric that I no longer really wanted to
keep, or weren't big enough to use for 
any of my projects.

So....rather than just giving them away the
decision was made to turn them into a new
quilt for our bed, and so the Hexies Quilt
was born.  

Three thousand, two hundred and seventy seven little
1" hexies later, along with some half hexies
 the quilt was finished!  
Yes, that was 3277 hexies!!



All that was left was to put the boarder on and
decide on how to quilt it.

It was at this point I wimped out and decided that
the best thing to do would be to get it 
Long arm quilted.



Luckily for me we have a lady not
far from me in Newbury who
provides this service!

Barbara at 
was very helpful and took plenty of time to discuss
pattern and wadding options.  Wadding
chosen was 70/30 poly which she supplied, so I 
only needed to supply the backing fabric.
 


My choice of quilting design is called Entangle,
quite approiate being that the quilt certainly 
entangled me, I loved making it, even though
I did question why I decided to use such small
hexies on more than one occasion!
 

It now resides on my bed, waiting for the cold
weather to arrive so we can keep warm and snugly.


No comments: