Tuesday 3 June 2008

My Favourite Place

I am currently in Northern Ireland, but not on holiday. Having said that Rob and I did manage a day out before he left to go home. We took ourselves up the Antrim Coast to one of my favourite childhood places, The Giants Causeway. As children we spent many many hours walking the cliff paths and exploring the stones with my Uncle, he would take us for a wee 'dander' and walk us for miles, returning us home absolutely exhausted!


Unfortunately it is no longer possible to walk very much of the cliff path as it has been closed due to landslides over the last few years but we still walked as far as we could.


I came home feeling inspired to make a couple of postcards to send to friends. Easier said than done as I have no resources over here and mum's sewing machine only does straight and zigzag stitch with fixed feed dogs. Still undaunted I fished around and came up with some coloured papers, found some ribbon and sequins in a local shop and set to making a pc inspired by my day out to the Causeway.

Trying to free machine by covering the feed dogs with card proved to be a bit of a disaster so I had to give up on that and just use straight stitch.

I'm bringing my sewing machine with me next time!

1 comment:

dot said...

very chuffed with mine, thank you. Think you did amazingly with your limited resources!